Monday, March 24, 2014

This is better than being in love. . .

Buenos dias todos!! Mis queridos, como estan? Well I am just LOVIN my life here. Let me tell you about a great week. I wish I could just tell you everything. I wish I could tell you about each amazing family in the branch, each amazing person I have met that has forever changed my life. One day :)

Friday night we were having dinner with Hermana Luna. She is incredible and has so much sass. She had a visitor and he was nice and said hi and was like "oh las hermanas, ok pues mucho gusto". Then Hna Luna was like, "oh no no. THESE hermanas are different. Nothing is impossible for them."  We felt so special! I love the eternal friendships we are creating with these lovely members. During dinner she was saying how she wants Bety and her kids to come to her house on Sunday for dinner. We were so excited. 

Friday night we had an incredible lesson with Bety, Lucy and Angel. We taught about the restoration and El Libro De Mormon. Wow.  Words can't even describe the spirit in the room. I know the whole lesson was lead by the spirit because when Hermana Cardullo or I would speak it wasn't like we were teaching at all, we were just testifying with our "whole" hearts. We weren't the ones convincing her, she was sharing our love for the restored gospel. She was blown away by the Book of Mormon and so excited to read it. As we read through the introduccion con ella she kept shaking her head and had a face like "yeah, this is right". Then we asked her to read Moroni 10: 3-5 and pray to know if it's true and she said, "I can FEEL its true already. No doubts at all. I have never felt this way before". She has been soo prepared. Lucy, (her 13 year old daughter) posted a pic of the Book of Mormon on Facebook and said, "Thanks to the hermans for helping me and my family". They are so much closer and unified now. Bety's boss asked her to work on Sunday and she said "No way! I can't miss church. I think I understand what that man said about taking the sacrament and giving you that power to live through the week. I can't miss that!".  She is incredible right? After the lesson we got in the car and said a prayer of gratitude to our Heavenly Father. After Hermana Cardullo turns to me and says, "Wow. This is better than being in love...."hahaha. She is so great!  I love my companion!  She loves everyone inside and out. She truly see's their heart.  I am sure it is one of her many gifts.

Sunday, church was so great and so busy. After church Bety, Lucy and Angel followed us to Hermana Luna's. We had a fun lunch and a great lesson on the Plan of Salvation. Again the spirit was so strong and Hermana Luna was incredible at sharing her testimony and experiences. They have a lot in common and she is a perfect fellow-shipper for her. At the beginning of the lesson Bety said she didn't feel ready for baptism, as we taught and spirit testified of the truth we asked her again and she said she felt unworthy. Then we shared D&C 37:20 with her about the qualifications for baptism. After we asked her, "what are you missing from this scripture?"  She then said, in the most humble voice ever, "Nothing". Her and Lucy accepted the invitation to be baptized on April 11th!!! W are soo excited for them. They are such a miracle and my love and testimony of the Savior grows so much each time we are with them. Angel is 7 and will turn 8 in May and wants to be baptized too. So many miracles and blessings this week. The Lord is truly blessing us.

Luz was out of town all week in San Francisco with her grandma. We are hoping and praying firmly that she will put her fears aside and be baptized this weekend. Her grandma is not a member and told her all these crazy things, like Jesus drank coffee and there is beer in heaven.  She doesn't believe what her grandma said, but she is also scared that her grandma will treat her differently. We are going to the church tonight for our lesson and doing a "pre baptism" (going through everything, working out the nerves) to see if it helps. Please keep her in your prayers. I have faith that she will do what's right.

The Timalach's were called as branch missionaries today! :) So so so excited for them. They were just beaming! If you have time this week I would like to invite you all to read D&C 11. I especially love verses 8 and 11. It is such a powerful section and I learned so much. To sum up how I feel I would like to quote Ammon, 11  Pero Ammón le dijo: No me ajacto de mi propia fuerza ni en mi propia sabiduría, mas he aquí, mi bgozo es completo; sí, mi corazón rebosa de gozo, y me regocijaré en mi Dios. (Alma 26:11). My joy is full to the rim. I hope you all have a great week! Love and miss you dearly. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas

 Happy St. Patricks Day
Bety, Lucy, Angel----Visitors at Church Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment