Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Member Missionaries Make a Difference

Sorry, I don't have a lot of time today, but yes, transfers happened... The Lord answered my prayers and I get to stay in Lodi with Hna. Cardullo!!! I am soo happy!! :) My 5th transfer here and I am so excited. I really think Lodi is one of the best things that has ever happened to me :)

Let me tell you the coolest thing that happened to us. We were eating dinner with La familia Velarde. Hno Velarde is an amazing member, he helped us a lot with Los Timalach. He was a convert at 18 and served a mission in Mexico. He said that on Sunday the testimonies were really strong and he realized he needs to do more missionary work. So he asked if he could go out tracting. Of course we said he could come with us and he said, "No, Like by myself. I want to find you LOTS of people to teach and I have already talked to all the people I know, I must share the gospel with everyone and prepare them to be taught by the missionaries."  So we called the Zone Leaders, who called the Assistants and he got permission to go tracting. Sunday after church he called us and had 9 REFERENCIAS for us. WHAT!? Member missionary work at its best. He said he just went up to everyone on the street and those that listened to his short message of the restoration----he asked for their address and said he would send his friends to bring them a special book. He is so incredible. I love this branch, they really understand the importance of missionary work.

Hna Cardullo and I had the opportunity to go to the temple today! It was so great, I felt like I had a  renewed look on life and was filled with peace. It was fun to see other missionaries as well and I saw Sister Woodland, Hermana Guadalupe and Sister Smith from East Sac so that was a treat!

We think of really fun ways to teach the gospel.... So we went to the park and played tennis with Los Timalach and taught the Word of Wisdom. Best lesson ever and it was so much fun. Little Kevin is a pro!

Erastro is amazing, every time we teach him he says it's like God and Jesus coming in and sitting with him. He is progressing we are just working on getting him to church. He has some health problems but we know he will come. Also, We are teaching Luz now, one of the most special girls. The elders taught and baptized her family in November but she didn't feel ready yet. She is 14 and LOVES talking to us. She is very shy but so smart and wants to get baptized. The elders were having a hard time teaching and seeing her so now we get to and I am sooo happy.

Sorry this is so scattered.  Next week I will update you on everyone else we are teaching. I love you all so so much and hope you have a great week. We are going out to the caves today, should be lots of fun!  Last week we went to the zoo! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!! I hope the family spoils you.

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
 Tennis with the Timalach's 
 
Neighborhood Little Meat Market

No comments:

Post a Comment