Monday, March 3, 2014

I love Domingo De Ayuno

We had our last exchange this week and it was incredible! I went down to Manteca with Hermana Hurley. She is an INCREDIBLE Missionary, I was blown away. She has been out for about 5 months and teaches with such charity. I learned so much from her and we had an amazing day. We taught really well together, sang in all the lessons, invited people to be baptized left and right and now they have 2 people preparing. I love exchanges! I Love my life.

Let me tell you about my new dear friend and investigator Erastro. He is the greatest thing. He is 61 and was a Mexican rocker. haha. so funny. Hermano Cardullo found him on exchanges talking to everyone. Come to find out all his children and wife are members but not him! He never really cared before but now is so prepared. We had some incredible lessons with him this week and he was so excited to accept the invitation to be baptized. We are so excited to help him prepare for baptism and become converted. He has a lot of health problems but has so much faith. Last time we went over he said,  "Hermanas, sit down please. I would like to share with you what I have been reading in the bible." Cute, funny endearing man. Love my life.

We also got a referral from the zone leaders for this man in Lockeford. So we drove out there and WOW. There he was, with his family of 6, waiting for us, inviting us in. We had a short and powerful lesson, the spirit was so strong and they wanted us to come back the next day. La familia Hernandez!! Can't wait to keep you updated on them. THEY ARE SO PREPARED :)

Let me tell you about the most beautiful sight. I love el domingo de ayuno (fast Sunday). As soon as it was time to start sharing testimonies, about 7 people raced up to share. Can you just picture that? Humble followers of Jesus Christ racing to share their testimony and conversion stories. It was so special. Also looking over and seeing the Timalach's so tired, yet sitting in sacrament meeting as a family. Have I told you I Love my life?

Yes dad, don't you worry. The Timalach's are inviting us to teach ALL their friends. We went over and they had a friend so Omar taught her how to pray, and invited them to a church activity. Yesterday during studies after church they called us and asked us to come over. So we went over and they had their cousins over, taught them how to pray, invited them to church and told them to let us teach them in their homes. They were really nice and at first were distant and said we like the Catholic church y "solo hay un Dios." So Magda pipes in and says, "That's what I thought, but there is a difference. With time and coming to church you too will see". BEST THING EVER.  They are already missionaries. Love my life.

I hope you have a great week, I love you all so so much! Transfers are next week and I am really praying that I stay in Lodi with Hermana Cardullo :)
 Lodi Mission District
Familia Martinez
Most humble people I have ever met

No comments:

Post a Comment