Monday, March 17, 2014

Life Can't Get Any Better?



So this week was probably one of my favorite weeks, on my life. Words can't even describe the love and spirit I felt, but I hope as you read you are able to capture a glimpse of the happiness I experienced this week.

Remember how members make all the difference? Well Hermana Susana Martinez gave us a referral to her friend Bety. We went over on Wednesday to met her. We walked into her home and there was a different and special feeling. She told us all about her life, trials, faith, etc. Halfway through the lesson her friend Magaly came into the room. Bety told her friend that we were missionaries and coming over to teach and help her so she invited her too. Wow. We had a great lesson and the spirit just filled the room, we invited them to be baptized and they said they want to learn a little more and we set a return appointment for Friday.

Friday we went over with Hernana Susana to visit Bety. When we got there Bety looked a little shocked but let us in and we talked. The spirit filled through the room as Susana bore her testimony and as we testified of the Atonement. Bey so badly wants to find peace and start a new life. She then went on to tell us that earlier in the day she texted us to say she couldn't meet with us today. She wasn't going to let us come back. After sending the text, without our "response" for a while she double checked our number and just figured we didn't have time to reply. So then she thought she would just hurry and shower and leave when we were coming. She was just on her way out when we arrived... and she showed us the text and she had typed our number wrong into the phone. She then said that she knows the Lord had a hand in her whole day and that HE is looking for her and knows that this is what she needs to be doing now.

Sunday, we drove to her house so she could follow us to church. We got there and her and her two kids (we are teaching them too!) were all ready in the car waiting for us. The best sight ever. We got to church on Sunday and EVERYONE was so nice and welcoming to her. There were lots of powerful meetings and she enjoyed them all. She especially enjoyed the Relief Society lesson on taking of the sacrament worthily. Her daughter really liked Young Women's and her son enjoyed primary! On Friday Susana had mentioned to Bety of getting a blessing (she is pretty sick and has so much stress, single mom, etc). 

So after the meetings we grabbed Hermano Garcia and the Elders and they were able to give her a blessing. WOW. The spirit was incredible. A love filled the room I have never before felt. After the blessing she bore her testimony and said, "I think this is where I am going to the find the peace that I so anhelo (longing) por". She told the Elders that we are her angels and knows that God placed us in her life for a reason. As we walked her out to the car she said, "This morning when I woke up I felt darkness. Now, after leaving church and receiving that blessing I can feel and see the light. I have peace. I now know that the Lord really does love me." I can't even describe to you the joy I feel. This is a kind of joy that is only possible through the Savior. I have NEVER desired the gospel more for someone. I have NEVER loved someone so easily. She is so special and I feel so blessed to be able to watch her come unto Christ and receive the peace and love she desires. 

This morning I read D&C 15:6, 6 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen.There is nothing of greater worth to me. I know I say this a lot but I truly love being a missionary. Words cant describe. I have never worked harder or been more tired, but most of all I have never had this much joy, felt closer to my Savior and never better understand my Heavenly Father's plan. What a blessing my life is. I cant imagine my life without these experiences and tender mercies from the lord. I am one lucky Hermana :)

Luz is doing great and has a date for the end of March! We are so excited for her and the best part is she is excited too! I feel so blessed to be a part of her life. She is such a special and incredible daughter of God. So grateful that we have the blessing of teacher her and helping her go to the temple with her family!

I hope you all have a great week! Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Joce, I hope you have a great birthday, love you so much. I am soo excited for WES and his mission call to Bahia Blanca, Argentina leaving July 2.  I am sad I will just barely miss him. Spanish is the best!! :) Last week we had a blast going through all the caves (we are all a little beat up with bruises, scratches and wounds but it was so much fun and so worth it). I will send more pictures next week. Les quiero!

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas 
Sacramento Temple P-Day

Black Chasm caverns P-Day


No comments:

Post a Comment