Monday, February 3, 2014

Prayers are ALWAYS answered. . . .just in the Lord's time!

Cy (Elder Holt) is home!!! So fun to see all the pictures of all the cousins together. How great that he got to baptize his little brother Hank!! It was so fun to see all the pictures. Give him a big hug for me! We just got a new Elder in the branch from Chile, so I am learning how to speak Chilean now since I am Latino haha.

I LOVE Hermana Cardullo. She is so great and is taking great care of me :) We are already having so much fun, working hard and have had some fun adventures. Yesterday everyone fasted for rain (the whole state of California) and it rained! So we were out visiting potentials and tracting in the rain and we met this Muslim guy. He asked us who we were and we explained but he understood little English. He asked Hermana Cardullo if she was Muslim because of her dress and the hood she had on. It was pretty funny. He didn't understand why she was a missionary since she dressed like a Muslim haha. SO funny.

This week was fantastic!! I LOVE being a missionary. We had a really, really special experience. Hermana Cardullo and I were driving in the car right around the high school, we stopped at the light and were turning and Hermana Cardullo noticed a young girl sitting on the hill that looked really sad. We decided to pull over and go talk with her. We walked over and told her that we are disciples of Jesus Christ. We asked her if we could sit and talk to her. She then opened up and told us about her life and some the challenges she is having right now. She is 17 years old and a Baptist. After listening and teaching parts of the Restoration and Plan of Salvation she told us that in that moment she had been praying really hard. She said, "God. If you REALLY love me, please help me. Show me a sign that you are there and really love and care about me. I don't understand why all these hard things are happening to me." She then said, after I finished my prayer, you two came over and talked to me. I love he loves me and answers my prayers. It was SUCH a special moment and I felt so blessed to be able to be an instrument for the Lord in this cute girls life. She wants to learn more so it will be great for the English sisters to start teaching her! :)

Our Fireside was a big success last week! We were able to go out with 3 hermanas from the branch for their  Visiting Teaching and visit some of our less active sisters. They all seem excited now to do their Visiting Teaching and have a new perspective or vision.

Magda is doing really great! We had an awesome lesson about recognizing the spirit and praying with REAL INTENT, with all of our heart. I think it's a great lesson and review for all us. If we really want an answer or really want to know something, we must pray to our Heavenly with ALL OF OUR HEART and he will answer us. What a blessing. She is still working on dejando el cafe and is getting there! Her baptism is in 2 weeks and she is already planning everything. Sunday was really special because they blessed baby Jayden (9 months). President Duncan gave the baby blessing and they were both just beaming. Jayden was crying through the whole thing haha.The spirit was so strong.

Bopie's birthday was yesterday! It is fun to think about him and the great example he was to me. I think he helped me prepare for my mission more than he will ever know. All of his BYU TV, church books and stories of his conversion and time with Meme. I feel so blessed to think of the example he left and can feel his presence. What a great Grandfather and cheese-ball. That is probably why I always got in trouble because I got all my ideas and pranks from him :) haha.

Thank you for all your prayers and fasting. It means the world to me. The Lord is blessing me and strengthening me. I feel deep gratitude each day for my Savior and His love and sacrifice. I can feel ALL of your love. Espero que tengan una semana llena de felicidad! Les quiero mucho!

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
Meet my new companion Hermana Cardullo
All of California prayed for rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment