Monday, February 10, 2014

Learning More Each New Day

Mi querida familia! So there is a lot I want to tell you but not enough time, so we will see what comes to my mind first!
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY EASTON!!! I hope you have a great day. Can't believe you are already 4! That is so crazy and happy birthday daddy on Sunday! Love you both so so much.
First of all, Hno. Ku is a CHAMP! So Magda is all set and ready for baptism but is struggling about prophets. So for Gospel Principles Sunday School Class yesterday he went out of order on the class and taught about profetas. It was a powerful lesson and everyone gave great comments and testified. Just what she needed. Then the Ku's invited us and los Timalach over for lunch and a lesson. She really opened up with Hna Ku and it was exactly what they needed. How grateful I am for the Ku's and for an awesome ward mission leader that is willing to do all he can to help us. Magda is ready for her baptism Saturday. She hasn't had any coffee so we just keep praying she will resist the temptation!
We had an awesome zone training this week and it helped me realize a lot of things. Sometimes its easy to get caught up in delivering the same lesson over and over. But, when you really teach to people's need the spirit is soo much stronger. One of the things Hermana Cardullo and I have really been focusing on is teaching by the spirit to what they need. We pretty much just teach by asking inspired questions and it's changed so many things. We both feel like we are becoming better teachers and it's easier to heed to the promptings of the spirit. We were asked to do a real play in zone training and we learned a lot. I had the opportunity to share the conversion story of the Timalach's. How blessed I feel to be able to have taught them.
Maria Hernandez (amiga de Hna. Campos) is doing great! She has now come to church 3 times!!! Which means she can be baptized at any point.. we just need to marry them first haha. So we had an awesome FHE with the Campos and her  "novio" came and participated a lot and seemed to have a good time. A few days later we stopped by and talked with her about it and what he thought. He thought it was nice (we talked about families and the roles of each person (kids, parents, etc) but nothing changed. She wants to be married and have Christ in her life more, but he sees marriage as just signing a paper. So tonight we are going back over and going to discuss the Plan of Salvation and how marriage is ordained of God. I am excited and a little nervous! 

I would like to invite you to read 2 Nefi 4 this week. I was able to really study it and learned so much! Nefi is incredible. Especially focusing on 14-35. I loved verses 27 Y ¿por qué he de ceder al pecado a causa de mi carne? Sí, ¿y por qué sucumbiré a las tentaciones, de modo que el maligno tenga lugar en mi corazón para destruir mi paz y contristar mi alma? ¿Por qué me enojo a causa de mi enemigo? (27 And why should I ayield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to btemptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my cpeaceand afflict my soul? Why am I dangry because of mine enemy?)

28 ¡Despierta, alma mía! No desfallezcas más en el pecado. ¡Regocíjate, oh corazón mío, y no des más lugar al enemigo de mi alma! (28 Awake, my soul! No longer adroop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the benemy of my soul.)  The Lord will change our hearts and we will have the desire to deepen our relationship with him. What a beautiful promise. I love my life right now. Being a missionary is the best thing that has ever happened to me. 
Last picture is our best friend Hermana Jimenez.  She goes teaching with us, takes us around her apartment complex, knocks on doors and tells her neighbors she lives in their apartments and wants to share the gospel with them.  Best member missionary ever!

Thank you for all your prayers and fasting. I cannot express mi gratitude. The Lord is strengthening me and carrying me. I love you all so dearly and hope you have a great week! Les quiero!


Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
Dinner with Ku's and Timilach's
Member Missionary
Sister Jimeniz



No comments:

Post a Comment