Monday, February 17, 2014

Gozo Eterno

This week was INCREDIBLE!!!

We had a wonderful zone conference "go baptize." We really studied Alma 7:11-16.  So many promoises in verse 15: Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism. We talked about what our investigators need to "know, feel, and do." It really helped me to focus on my studies in the morning to help my investigators to understand these 3 principles. It is helping really helping me to focus and teach simple doctrine. We talked a lot about how our knowledge comes from the feelings we have. I feel soo grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. 
 
I was able to do exchanges here in Lodi with Hna Cuesta (Hna Skidmore is training her). She is Colombian and has been out for a month and is doing awesome!! We had a great day and an awesome lesson with Magda and helped her realize she has felt the spirit. It was awesome.  Valentines day was really great! We had some great lessons and we decided to spread some cheer. We went to the single moms in the ward and decorated (heart attacked) their door and left chocolate. It was so much fun. Lots of them guessed it was us but we didn't tell. Hna Gauna told everyone at church that she has a secret admirer. It was the best.

Magda was baptized on Saturday!! It was THE BEST DAY EVER. The spirit was soo strong. It was so great to see Hermana Pitcher again. She gave a great talk on baptism. Elder Fernandez also came back and baptized her. All of us missionaries sang, "Donde Hay Amor" and the spirit just filled the room. Everyone was beaming or had tears. Magda got up and shared her testimony. She thanked everyone for helping her get here, for their constant support and that she is doing this and wants this for an eternal family. Just hearing those words were the best thing ever. My heart was soo happy. It was a branch baptism, it wouldn't have happened without everyone. She was happy and has changed just in these few days too. She looks happier. I love being a missionary, I love this family. It will be the best day ever when I will be able to go through the temple with them and watch them be sealed. They are now a complete family. The gospel is edifying them and I can't wait to watch their conversion grow each day. I have never been happier.

I am feeling a little better each day and I know it's because of all the prayers/fasts of family and friends. Thank you everyone. I love you all so so much.  This we was incredible just like each of you!

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas 
 Magda's Baptism
Heart attacking the single sisters in the area
Loving our Sister Diaz

No comments:

Post a Comment