Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Transfer, Training and Timalach's

It's transfer Tuesday.... I am staying in Lodi and Hna. Cardullo is coming from East Sac to join me as my new companion!!!! I am really excited, I love her and now she will be a Sister Training Leader too. We both kind of picture our moms jumping up and down (they are friends back home).  I must be honest, I am going to miss Hna. Pitcher so, so much. She is one of my best friends but I know she will do great in North Sac and that is where the Lord needs her to be!

MIRACLE!! Magda accepted the date of Feb 15th for baptism!!! Yahooo :) we are soo excited. She progressed leaps and bounds this week. She commented in Gospel Principles, Relief Society and at the fireside Sunday evening! She was talking about and inviting people to her baptism. We are so happy and the best part is, she really wants to make covenants with Savior. It's her desire now, not just our desire for her and that makes ALL the difference.

We were blessed to have training with President Martinez (Counselor of the Sacramento Mission Presidency). He is THE best. So funny. We learned a lot about contacting. We decided to go put into action what he taught us. We went to this Spanish market and immediately started going into a message of the Restoration and asking people about their prayers (although I must admit it feels more comfortable to say "hi. how are you today' or things like that) but It worked!! Within 15 minutes we had talked to 5 people, got 3 address' and made 2 appointments. It was such a wonderful experience.

Funny quote from teaching Ashley this week. We were talking about temples and how they are all over the world. Ashley then asked, "There is even a temple in Guatemala?" then I said, "Yes, I have been there!". Then she said, "Wow, was it a cute one?" haha. We went over the Plan of Salvation with the whole family and she asked us about 50 questions, no joke. She is the smartest 8 year old I have ever met!

We had a great charla fogonera (fireside) on Sunday!!! We focused on the importance of Visiting and Home Teaching. We had little workshops and it worked out great! I think it really got everyone excited and pumped up to do their visits. I think everyone was catching the vision that if we take care and look after one another we are following the Savior (Mosiah 2:17).  We even offered to help members make visits and they are starting to take us up on it! President Martinez came and spoke and the branch loved it. It was a special Sunday. Fun surprise---Hna Sharp one of my first companions came to the fireside.  Reunited and it feels so good.  It was so great to see her again.

Our cute little Brendita left for the MTC today to serve in Baltimore, Maryland. She gave a great talk on Sunday. I will miss her so much! We got to snag a quick pic with her (all of us missionaries in the branch) before she went to get set apart!  I will send you her address so the whole family can write her.  A valentine package would be fun for her too mom.  

Well I hope you all have a great week! Love and miss you all dearly! Los quiero mucho :)

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
 Baby J Timalach
(Cutest boy ever next to my nephews)
 Charla Fogonera
Reunited with Hermana Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment