Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Promised Land and Transfer Tuesday

I am all scatter brained today so we will see how this goes... Well transfers happened and HERMANA PITCHER AND I GET TO STAY TOGETHER!!!!! I am so happy. Lodi really is the promised land.. :) also our whole district and all the missionaries in the branch all stayed the same. We went to the GALT flea market today and it was awesome. I got a cool California hoodie for cheap. It is starting to get a little cold here but it's funny because people have coats and scarfs like it's the middle of winter. It's not THAT cold. 

Sorry I am out of time, but everything is going great and I love my life. Have a great week! Halloween was fun! We watched "Ephraim's Rescue" and then had zone training. I loved the movie! I am so grateful for the pioneers. I don't know if I could have been a pioneer. Mom, will you send me some family history stories? I would have never thought that I would be so interested to know and study stories from my ancestors.  All it took was your example of family history and a church movie to get me pumped! haha.

We found a few new great investigators this week. Tere and Carmela. both single moms with solid hearts to do what is right. The highlight this week was the lessons with Gabriela (she is now firm!!!). She told us that she is so excited and happy for her baptism. She just needs to attend church a few more times.  We are progressing with La familia Timalach.  We had a lesson with them on marriage and The Proclamation to the Family. Then in Gospel Principles Sunday we talked about how families are forever. They stayed for all 3 hours of church!!! :)
 
I want to tell you about some of my favorite families in the rama (branch) here in Lodi. La familia Lopez is so great. They took us out for breakfast and Hermano Bili asked me what it was like to ALWAYS have the gospel in my life (they are converts of about 10 years). He was so amazed and just in awe as I described our daily family scripture study, prayer, FHE's, seeing the example of my parents kneeling in prayers, etc. It made me so much more grateful and appreciative for the gospel we had growing up in our home.  I love that I am helping families discover the joy of having the Restored Gospel in their family. Hermano Ku is our ward mission leader. There is just no one like him. His family is incredible and they have some of the strongest testimonies I have ever heard. They truly love the Lord and put him first. They are such great examples.

Tu me has dado muchas bendiciones Dios. Que tengan una buena semana, y no se olviden que las quiero mucho!
Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
The Lopez Family
The Promised Land 

No comments:

Post a Comment