Monday, November 11, 2013

Changes, Changes and Conversion

We had a surprise leadership council this week and it was really great! There are a lot of changes happening in the mission. We were all excited and ready for iPad and Facebook since it was such short notice but it's not our time yet. President Lewis had a Mission President's seminar last week with Elder Ballard. With this council our mission will be making some changes. We have been asked to not use any analogy's, visual aides, eat dinner with less active and part member families (so each active family can feed us once a month). As an experiment he has asked us not to hold any zone sports activities on preparation day during the month of November.  A companionship or multiple companionship can get together for some kind of sport on preparation day but no zone organized sports are going to be held. My world came crashing down when I heard the last one... haha jk. I sat there stunned but a thought came to mind.  I can either do what I want or obey. I chose to obey. This counsel has been revealed through choice leaders of the church from God. Even if I don't understand everything and it might be hard or uncomfortable to incorporate at first, I must obey.  I know it will be different for Spanish work, but I will do my best and the Lord will help us and we strive to be exactly obedient.

We watched the Restoration DVD with Gabriela and after she said, "I know that happened." It was so cool. Unfortunately, she didn't make it to church again :( her husband is Pakistani-an and they have family here visiting.  The past 3 Sunday's they have been holding little parties for them (I guess it is a tradition  and they just happen to be during church. Satan! Yesterday she was going to try to come but her husband didn't want her to leave and come back. Next Sunday is supposed to be the last one. We are going to try to take her to an English ward if she can't make it to the Spanish Branch because of the party. My faith has increased this week. I know that everything will work out. It is on the Lord's time and we must do all we can to prepare her and a miracle will happen. Please pray that she will be able to make it to church this week. 

The Galt Elders had a baptism in our branch this week and I played the piano. haha learned the songs that day.... Lets just say i better start learning new hymns because everyone wants me to play now! haha. Tori, help! The cool thing was a lot of people came to the baptism. This branch is incredible!

La Familia Timalach is incredible.  They are doing so great. We had some awesome lessons this week with a really strong spirit. Then listen to this, they came to church again. All 3 hours. It was the Primary Program and Ashley (8) and Kevin (6) participated.  They all came dressed in their Sunday best too! They loooved Gospel Principles Class and hermana's testimony is growing. Everyone also helped out with little Jayden so that she could really focus. Then there was an English baptism in 1st ward and they wanted to go! So we took them over and it was a great baptism with a strong spirit. There were tons of people. It was great but way different then the Spanish baptisms.  They didn't understand what was said but they felt the spirit. Magdalena turned to me and said, "Hermana, me siento algo. No se que es, pero algo." I said, "Hermana, eso es el espiritu." It was the best feeling ever. My heart and soul were so filled with joy! 5 hours of church yesterday? Sounds like conversion is starting to happen..... :)

I love you all and hope you had a fantastic week. This week I studied Alma 13:27-29 . If we can develop those attributes we will become more Christlike and a tool in the Lords hands. Thank you for your support, love and prayers. I am just livin' the dream in Lodi. LOVE YOU!

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
La Familia Timalach

No comments:

Post a Comment