Monday, October 28, 2013

Glory in the Lord

What a great week! Have I ever said that before? haha. Every week just gets better and better.

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS A MI TORI JEAN! :) HAPPY QUINCE hahaha. I can't believe my little sister is turning 15. Crazy! Only 4 more years and you can serve a mission :) haha.

I cant' believe my dear Heather (Jackman) is married! So crazy. I am so glad you were able to spend the day at the temple with her, it must of been so special.  Thank you for the pictures.  She is absolutely glowing.

Well we had an AWESOME miracle this week. We went to go see the Vazquez family. They are less actives. I have only met Hermano Vazquez once. They are really hard to get a hold of! This week we went on Tuesday night and Edith (the daughter, she is in her 30's) answered and let us in! Turns out she has been less active for the past 18 years but still has her testimony and knows she needs to come back to church. She has been praying for help, and we came along :) She wants to come back but knows it will be hard. She has a 14 year old daughter Leslie. She is so sweet and so great, turns out Leslie is not a member, but wants to be baptized!! We invited her to be baptized in the end of November and she said YES!!! So we are so excited to work with them to help Edith come back to church and for her daughter Leslie to get baptized :) 

Ashley came to church again and the Hernandez's are doing great. Hermano told us that he really appreciates that we come over and bring the spirit. We also took Alan with us to a lesson with Jesus. I talked about Jesus in my fist letter in Lodi.. well he is doing great and progressing now! :) We had an awesome lesson with him on Friday and now Bro. Hernandez and Alan are best friends. They relate to each other so well. Jesus CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY!! Hna. Pitcher and Elder Gilray gave great talks and it was a powerful sacrament meeting. He even stayed for Gospel Principles Sunday School class and loved it! Everyone was so kind and welcoming to him, he LOVED church. He talked about coming next week and then when we got home he text us with 5 messages. All 5 were great questions! 

Gabriela is doing great! She is pretty much firm for baptism on the Nov.23rd. Her family will all be here and she came to the trunk or treat activity and made a lot of great friends. Fellow shipping is soo important. So she works A LOT. Most of the time we have lessons at her work. Have you ever heard of anyone teaching at Burger King? It's so funny to me, but it works. I had never really been to Burger King before the mission but now we are there 1-2 times a week haha. We did get to have a lesson in her home this week and cute little Sophie calls us "Las Nanas" haha. love them. We have a great lesson planned tonight so I am very excited. The Timalach's also came to the trunk or treat and had a great day. Ashley (8 years old) accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 23rd, and Omar (dad) wants to be baptized too! Just need to get Omar and Magdalena married first. Magdalena is indecisive on marriage and baptism so we will be studying a lot from The Family Proclamation this week :). We are hoping for a family baptism on that day. Pray hard :)

This week I have learned a lot. I can't tell you how blessed I feel and how happy I am. I truly have the best area, best rama, BEST companion, and we are teaching the best people. I am not bragging, just glorying in what the Lord is blessing me with right now. Alma 26:35-36 come to mind. Did you know that Alma 26 is my FAVORITE chapter in the whole Book of Mormon. It describes everything I feel. The Lord is so merciful and has blessed me to be able to teach these wonderful people. My heart is somehow growing bigger and bigger each day. I didn't even know there was that much room! I know that the Lord is helping me because without him I am nothing. He is my strength, joy and comfort. I truly know what it means to love. What it means to have charity. No it isn't perfect, but that is why Moroni (Moroni 7 is also a great chapter) told us to pray with all of our MIGHT that we can have perfect love. I LOVE the Book of Mormon and I know it is another testament of my Lord and Savior. I LOVE reading from it every day and am learning so much. I wish I could explain how I feel but it is hard to do in words, so I will let my favorite scripture speak (it's more powerful in Spanish), "Por lo tanto, agloriémonos; sí, nos bgloriaremos en el Señor; sí, nos regocijaremos porque es completo nuestro gozo; sí, alabaremos a nuestro Dios para siempre. He aquí, ¿quién puede gloriarse demasiado en el Señor? Sí, ¿y quién podrá decir demasiado de su gran poder, y de su cmisericordia y de su longanimidad para con los hijos de los hombres? He aquí, os digo que no puedo expresar ni la más mínima parte de lo que siento." (Alma 26:16). 

I hope you have a great week and HAPPY HALLOWEEN. (Feliz dia de las brujas, except they all love to say Halloween haha). Las quiero!

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
Trunk or treating with Gabriella and the Timalach Family

No comments:

Post a Comment