Monday, January 13, 2014

Miracles on Exchanges!

This was a fantastic week! 

January 6th we celeberated "Rosca de los Reyes". Its a tradition in Mexico. There is this huge bread sharped in a circle. Each person has to cut a slice and there are these little random dolls inside the bread. If your piece has a doll, you have to host the next party! It was really funny. They do this to remember the wise-men and the gifts they brought to the baby Jesus. We were able to celebrate it with the Lopez's, Rodriquez's, Nava's and Timalach. So funny.

I was able to do 2 great exchanges this week! First I went down to Manteca and I was with Hermana Sierra. It was a great day! We did a lot of teaching and finding and just spoke Spanish the entire day. She is so great and it would be so fun to serve with her someday!

Then I went down to Tracy with Hermana Skidmore! It was the best day ever! Oh how I have missed her. She updated me on everyone in East Sac and what happened after I left. We had such a miracle. So we went to visit this referral. Adrian. He went online and referred himself. We walked down to a subway and taught him. WOW. He is one of the most prepared people I have ever met. He has such strong desires to learn about his Savior and to change. He said that he has been to almost every church but hasn't found what he is looking for. Then he asked if we could help him find it. We said yes and testified, taught the Restoration and parts of the Plan of Salvation. He had so many great questions and we were able to answer all his questions.  The spirit testified that each answer was true.  It was so fun to teach and testify to him of my love for the gospel and watch him start to gain that desire. Hna Skidmore said he came to church yesterday too! I'm telling you... miracles always happen on exchanges!


Since I was on exchanges I don't know a lot about what happened in our area this week but everything is going great. We started English classes and are trying to use it as a finding tool. The Timalach's came and LOVED it. Magda is doing great, she is starting to talk about her getting baptized, loved church on Sunday and even went to a lesson with us (and Omar, we went and taught his sister) and she bore her testimony. We are hoping to give her a date for the end of Enero tonight! Please keep her in your prayers :)

We had interviews with President and Sister Lewis this week and they were great. They are so amazing, I truly admire and aspire to be like them.

A scripture that really stood out to me this week was 1 Nefi 17:50, "Si Dios me hubiese mandado hacer todas las cosas, yo podria hacerlas". What great faith he had! We must all strive to be like that. Through our faith and great works the Lord can help us to do anything and see miracles. I LOVE being a missionary!!

I am also so glad you had a great time with Hno. I forgot my camera today so I will have to send the pictures next week! sorry :( But I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment