Monday, October 7, 2013

Feliz Navidad en Octubre!

This was the craziest week of my mission so far but everything all worked out. We were late emailing today because we played disc golf as a zone! It was so much fun. The members in the 2nd ward made the course at a local park, all the missionaries got to go. It was so much fun, still got my putting game (different with a Frisbee haha).
Monday night we had an awesome FHE with la familia Campos. Unfortunately, Juan didn't make it but the Campos invited the Cortes family and they all invited a whole non-member family! It was such a blessing! Now the Elders are teaching the family! (they live in their area). It was so much fun, games, food and a spiritual activity! See what happens all just from an invite!? We have some great member missionaries here.
Tuesday we met for Leadership Council with President and Sister Lewis. It was really good. We set goals for the mission and discussed other items.  During our goal setting process, we all decided it was necessary to be on the same page. Thursday we had a leadership training with all the Zone Leaders and District Leaders. President Lewis called Hermana Pitcher and I and asked us to do a training with him on Baptizing.  The theme was "Being Believing, Bold (the Assistants and other sister training leaders did those presentations) and Baptizing California Sacramento Missionaries. My part was to talk about planning with faith. Faith goes hand in hand and then Hermana Pitcher talked about using the standards of excellence for goal setting. We had about a day to put it together but it all worked out. It was a great opportunity to teach but I think I learned more listening.
I was able to go on exchanges down to West Tracy, California this past week! Hermana Jensen and Herman Arntsen. I have missed Hermana Jensen soo much. We worked hard and had a lot of success. They took me to this street they call "Little Mexico" because almost everyone speaks Spanish. It's like a gold mine! It was so great. They are working so hard and I learned so much from their examples.
We found someone out tracting this week! Her name is Diana. We actually found her last week, scheduled an appointment and then taught her this week. She is incredible. We taught her the restoration and invited her to be baptized and she said yes! She has a pure heart and strong desire to follow Christ. Such a great blessing this week. We are working on getting her to church (she is catholic and goes to mass de vez en cuando). Please pray for her!
We also had Zone training (which President and Sister Lewis attended). It was really powerfully and the spirit was so strong. Then later in the day we had interviews with President Lewis. Every time I talk with him, I learn so much. It is such a blessing, he is very wise and Sister Lewis just feels like our mom. They are incredible and are such great examples.
FELIZ NAVIDAD! GENERAL CONFERENCE IS LIKE CHRISTMAS FOR MISSIONARIES. We were all so giddy as we got ready for it to start haha. Sadly Gabriela didn't show up :( I loved all the talks from conference but there were a few that really impressed me.  I loved that we were asked to have a "family missionary council." So Mom, Dad, Tori, Joce, Jared, Stratton, Easton, Kandace, Glen, Grant and Bob that means you too!  You could have it together after Sunday dinner. I can't wait to hear about what you come up with to help move the work along :) Also, ALL INVESTIGATORS need a copy of President Uchtdorf's talk. Wasn't it so incredible!? As I have been studying I have been trying to make a list of some of the blessings of living the gospel. I wasn't sure how to make it or present it. I want to be more specific when extending commitments and promised blessings. Well. . . Elder Bednar answered that one! His talk was so great. I can't wait to read through it over and over again. I also loved Elder Russell M Nelson's (missed anatomy a little haha). Its so true though, our bodies are such a blessing. I loved when he said we were chosen for this day based on our spiritual attributes. We must strive to refine them each day!  Running out of time, love you all.  So happy you had dinner with the Sharp family!
Con amor,
Hermana Thomas
P-Day Disc Golf with my District in Lodi

No comments:

Post a Comment