Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Estoy dejando un pedaso de mi corazon en Sacramento Este



Well the news is out, after 8 months I am leaving a piece of my heart in East Sac. I have been called to be a Spanish Sister Training Leader! I will be serving in Lodi with Hermana Pitcher. We will be doing exchanges and training for the Hermanas in the South of the mission, as well as taking care of our great Spanish area and ward (our area has been opened for about 3 transfers). Hermana Pitcher is the greatest (we were in the MTC together, she is from Park City). I know it will be a great opportunity to grow and learn from each other. I am so sad to leave East Sac, saying goodbye will be tough, but the Lord has some new plans for me and I am ready to get to work!

We were able to go to the temple this morning. The Sacramento temple is gorgeous! I feel so much peace. The temple is that extra spiritual boost you need. We are so lucky to have temples all over the world. I love going to the temple and it was so special to be with Sister Monroe, the other east sac sisters and my dear friend Hermana Skidmore.

This is a little shout out to Sister Donakey in Russia. We tracted into some apartments filled with Russians. Twelve spanish families and then like 90% of the complex were Russians. They didn't understand my English or my Spanish so I figured I needed to learn some Russian. I asked a young boy what hello was and she said "Pri-vet" probably spelled that wrong haha. So I went around speaking Russian all day and tried the words Sister Donakey taught me. No one understood me (now I know what that feels like) but I had a blast.  We found some teaching material in Russian and plan to go back.  May need to bring Sister Donakey here in the future for a road trip so we can teach the Russians together.  

On Saturday we had the opportunity to do a recorrido del templo con Rosie! It was so great, her member friends from South Sac came along as well. They actually got married in the Sac temple. They shared their testimonies of eternal families. There was even a wedding that day so Rosie was loving it. It was POURING RAIN! But we still had a great time and the spirit was really strong. She told us, "After I get baptized, I want to serve a mission! Can I?" You bet you can! :) She is incredible. Still just waiting on her mom to have a change of heart and be willing to let her get baptized.  Please keep her in your prayers.

Gabriel and Jose are doing great. They came to all 3 hours of church this Sunday and LOVED it. When we went to visit them Sunday night Gabriel said, "I feel my relationship with God growing. Today I felt more power and strength. I love how I feel!  So cool. Jose loved during Priesthood how they talked about how you can make wherever you are "un lugar santo" (a holy place). They are so great, I am excited to come back for their baptism in a few weeks! 

Ana Mata has been called to serve as a ward missionary! I am so excited and proud of her, she will be amazing.

Sorry I don't have much time, but I love you all. I know this is where I am supposed to be. I have never felt greater in my life. I have so many blessings and my life feels complete. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! :) I hope you have a great week, hope Lodi is ready for me!

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
Sacramento Temple--Lodi here I come!
Sacramento Temple trip with the sisters from the East Sac Del Norte Stake


No comments:

Post a Comment