Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"Be on the Move Missionaries"

This week was soo great and soo busy! I love being a missionary!

Andrea needs a little more time to prepare for baptism. She is ready and really wants to be but her sister told her she wouldn't be able to have fun anymore and all this other stuff so we are helping her understand that the fun begins once you get baptized! She really looks up to her sister, it's just sad because Tati is going through some hard times right now and doesn't want anything to do with God. Andrea will be baptized, just not sure when yet.

We had Zone Conference this week and it was a blast! Wow, was it powerful. The theme was to "Be on the Move Missionaries". I learned soo much! A week before conference President Lewis asked us to read and then prepare a 3-5 minute talk on "Obedience brings blessings" by President Monson or "In his time, in his way" by Elder Oaks. Then we had to turn it in at the beginning of conference and he choose 2 missionaries to come up and share their talks. I did my talk on revelation by Elder Oaks and President asked me to share in front of everyone. I was really nervous but it was a good experience for me. During conference I really learned the importance of how revelation must be simple. The Lord works in simple ways, we are the ones who make it harder. We must be consistently moving and doing good things. If we are, the Lord will bless us and notice that we are grateful for what he has given us. In Preach My Gospel Joseph Smith says that "Revelation is vital to your daily work (as a missionary)". How true is that? I learned that obedience is the foundation for success. If we do it because we love him, we will love doing it. During lunch, President asked Hermana Skidmore and I to eat with him, sister Lewis, the Zone leaders, and the Stake President and his wife. I felt like we got invited to sit at the cool kid table. It was fun getting to know them better. President and Sister Lewis are amazing examples, I love and appreciate them so much.

JUAN CARLOS is baptized! We had a wonderful baptismal service with him. The spirit was so strong and he was just so excited and glowing. All of his less active brothers and sisters came so that was such a blessing to see. He is a great example to them, some even came to church on Sunday for his confirmation. The gospel is amazing and I will forever cherish these wonderful moments and blessings. There is just nothing like it. To see someone you love enter the waters of baptism (no matter the age) and covenant to follow the Lord. Maravillosa.

Yesterday we had a wonderful activity on the temple grounds with all the Spanish missionaries, investigators and members. EL CAMPO ESTA LISTO! It was so much fun! We ate carne asada, there was zumba dancing and music, soccer tournament, clowns and more! It was a lot of work but so much fun! We were able to do a temple tour with Ana, Roxanna and Andrea and it was incredible. The temple worker saw Ana looking in the windows and invited her into the lobby and the waiting room. Roxanna (her sister) felt so special to be inside and the spirit was so strong. We are going back to teach her today, can't wait!

Ah, I wish I had more time because I have so much I want to tell you about. D&C 35:13 says . . ."Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thresh the nations by the power of my spirit." The Lord calls weak things to declare this word. I am weak, but becoming stronger each day through the wonderful atonement of our Savior. I realize and am reminded that I am just an instrument. When you think of Mozart and the beautiful things he created, do you remember the name of the piano? No, just the Master. I am an instrument for the Lord, He is the Master. How blessed I am to do this work and have him receive the glory. Love you all, have a great week! :)

Con Amor, 
Hermana Thomas
Juan Carlos' Baptism
One year from now I will be in the beautiful Sacramento temple with Anna!

No comments:

Post a Comment