Monday, September 16, 2013

AUDAZ

So many great things happened this week. Where do I even begin?

Well it was Ana's birthday on the 11th so Hermana Skidmore and I wanted to make it special. Guess what we made? A tres leches cake. Yeah, we MADE it. haha. It was an adventure but turned out really good and tasted delicious. She was so touched. 

We had intercambios this week! Hermana Carlson came down to East Sac with me while Hermana Skimore was in South Sac with Hermana White and Hermana Freestone. Hermana Carlson and I had an AWESOME day! We taught all day. Everyone was home, it was a miracle! haha, Spanish culture is great. A mom just started feeding her baby during the lesson and Hermana Carlson was freaking out inside. There is a first for everything, especially on the mission haha.

So we had the COOLEST experience this week with Roxanna. We asked her if she has been praying and she said yes! She said that she noticed her quiet time to pray is everyday on her commute to work (its about 15-20 minutes). She turns off the radio and prays out loud. She said she has noticed her relationship grow so much closer to her Father in Heaven and she feels good, like this is right. She is still praying for her answer, but I think she has already found it :) She said the closing prayer. WOW. Mind blowing. I have never felt the spirit so strong through a prayer before. It was like a Bishop Donakey level prayer. She just talked to God like they were best friends and she just poured out her heart and soul. It was one of the most precious moments of my mission so far. The power of prayer is one of the most amazing blessings.

We had an amazing lesson with Gabriel and Jose last night. When we were on our way over we weren't really sure what we were going to say or do. They didn't make it to church so we were really sad. We wanted them to really understand the importance of the things we share with them and understand our purpose. So we show up with Alfonso (Fonsito), the ward mission leader and I was just praying inside to know what to say or do. We start talking (we were outside) and the neighbors had the music really loud. Hermana Skidmore marches over there and asked them to turn it down. They just look at her. She doesn't leave until they turn it down. Sister Skidmore walks back Then she boldly declares our purpose and desire for them to feel the spirit and know the truthfulness of the message. Wow, can you say Audaz!? (bold). She is incredible. Lovingly bold. Then we read in Alma 5 and talked about a mighty change of heart.  We testified of the spirit. I have never felt that strong bearing my testimony before. They told us that is what they really want and are going to do what it takes (getting Sundays off work). Words can't even describe how the Holy Ghost helped us to teach a powerful lesson. I wish I could tell you every detail but all I know that we were lead by the spirit. Gabriel and Jose have such pure hearts and they have truly been prepared by the Lord to hear the message of the restored gospel.

Leslie Calderon is the cutest! She pulled all of us Del Norte missionaries into the kitchen at church on Sunday was then pulled this cake and cupcakes out of the fridge. She made us cupcakes with our mission placas and Elder Bawden's birthday is Thursday so she made him a shirt and tie cake. So sweet of her and such a fun surprise!

It was a great and spiritual week. We are going to work even harder this week and we have the blessing and privilege of bringing the gospel to these wonderful people. I have never been happier in all my life. I feel joy that I could have never imagined. It is all because of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I think Alma 5:26 helps sum up how I feel, "have ye felt to sing the song of redeeming love." I am so lucky to be serving here now. I can feel his redeeming love and I get to share that love with these wonderful people. I have been tested and tried more than ever before in my life, and I feel so blessed.

I hope you have a great week. Transfers are next week so I will write you Tuesday. I Love you all.

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
Leslie Caldron's missionary cupcakes.  Happy Birthday Elder Bawden
Biking in skirts

No comments:

Post a Comment