Monday, March 18, 2013

Crazy people, crazy week

I can't believe it's already Monday again, wow. Time just flies by out here!! I have some crazy things to tell you about this week!

CONGRATS DALLIN! Wow, the Netherlands!? That is awesome. Missions are the greatest things in the world. That is funny that he is leaving during the reunion. I am so excited for him! He is going to be such a great missionary! :) (Dallin is Taylor's cousin leaving July 24th for Belgium, Brussels, Netherlands speaking Dutch). Thank you so much for the package! I loved it! You had all my favorite things inside! You are the best family in the whole world! I am so lucky, its true. Oh and the elders were excited about the ties, thanks! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bob last week! I hope he had a great day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOCELYN this week! Do you have any fun plans? I hope you all have a big party and celebrate the two birthday's!

We have had some weird things happen. We go by every week to visit a potential Marta. Last time she had her mother over, and they are all devout Catholics. They love the Virgin de Guadalupe. Well her mom told us that she respects us that we are serving the Lord and talking about Jesus. She kept calling us prophets. So I told her that we are called of a prophet but we are only missionaries. She told me that I was wrong and that we are prophets. She was so impressed that we don't date or call boys on the phone haha. Not a big sacrifice, not gonna lie haha. Then we ran into this black guy named Petey. Some of the English Elders have been teaching him. He told us that he would rather have us, "The beautiful female missionaries" teach him. We told him we only teach in Spanish and he was willing to learn Spanish haha. Oh boy. He told us all about his life and his "baby mama". Luckily, we only teach Latino's haha. We also ran into a man that said something that made me really sad. He is from Mexico and is Catholic and told us that we can't pray to know which church is true. Whatever Chruch you grow up in is right. So I asked him if when he prays if he asks for things and he said yes, so I asked him "why can"t we ask God which is church is true then?" He just wanted to argue. So all we could do is testify that we know our church is true and we invited him to pray and ask God.
 
So finding people is pretty hard. On Thursday we tracked for over 3 hours with no results. We usually have to knock on people's doors that speak English and then ask them if they are any Spanish Speaking people in the apartments. (Since we have already visited most of the Spanish speaking people in that area/apartment).
 
Here is the Andrea update. She didn't come to church this week :( Her friends little boy has cancer so they had a little fundraiser for him yesterday. We did go over that night and they gave us fish tacos and we got to talk to her and her husband. We always invite her husband to join in on the lessons when we are there but he always says "Estoy ocupado". Last night we got to teach both of them and it went really well! He believe in Extra Terrestial stuff and had lots of questions so that was interesting but we invited him to church and everything and told him that some of this questions can be answered by coming to church. We are having a noche de hogar with la familia Rojas Bustos (the dad is a recent convert) today and we invited Andrea and her son (the dad has to work) so it should be really good. I am excited!!
 
I can't remember if I told you this but every week we have English Classes at the church. This week Hermana White and I taught. It was so much fun, we also get to learn a lot of vocab words in Spanish from they so it is beneficial for everyone. Jesus (menos activo) has been coming every week now and he even came to church one week so the work through classes is paying off!

Sis. Schow went to the dermatologist to have her skin tested for cancer.  They had to cut out a big chunk of skin off her nose. She needs daily wound care. Guess who gets to help her!? Me!! I love it. She always tells me, "I love having a little nurse in the home to help me". I think I love it more than her though haha.
 
Last night we had dinner with el obisbo and his family and the elders in our district. It was really good (and normal food haha) and we talked about how to help the ward out.

Well it's time for me to go to zone sports! We are playing soccer today, I'm excited! I have intercambios tonight and tomorrow with Hermana Novacovich in South Sac tonight so that should be exciting! I hope you had a great Dia De Dan Patricio! I love you all and miss you!

Con Amor,

Hermana Thomas
 
                                         Dinner with the Bishop, his family and our district.

            Alan, age 8.  The Pinto's family pet chameleon.
        Look Stratton and Easton I am holding a mini-dragon!

No comments:

Post a Comment