Monday, July 22, 2013

The Week of B's. Blessings, Baptisms, Bosco and Baby Grant!

What a week! BABY GRANT IS HERE!!!! :) He is the cutest little thing I have ever seen. I am so glad that he is doing o.k. and I will keep him in my prayers! I hope they will be able to take him home this week. Also, Happy Birthday to Glen tomorrow! I hope you have the best day ever. My cousin, Elder Bosco is already a great missionary!  Thank you for sending me your talk on "Enduring to the End."  You will love the MTC!  I hope everyone has a great time in Park City at the Holt Family Reunion. I really don't know how anyone will have fun since I'm not there... but you can all try and have a little fun :) I am glad to hear Uncle Rule's surgery went well, I will continue to keep him in my prayers. I just have the greatest family ever!!

SOO many great things happened this week. Let me tell you about my two favorite. We went to go visit Francisco and he said he LOVED church. He really felt the spirit and loved the lesson in Priesthood. He then said, "I have been thinking about baptism a lot, and I think I want to do it!" WHAT!? I was so happy. The rest of the lesson I was just grinning from ear to ear. He is preparing for the middle of August! We are SO excited for him!!! He loved church again yesterday so things are going great with him! We had one of the greatest lessons of my mission so far with that new family we found (Rodriguez). So we start to watch the movie "Como Hallar fe en Cristo" and Angelica pauses it. She says, "Why don't we pause it every 10 minutest and talk about what we are feeling and learning." What!? That is the greatest idea I have ever heard. So about every 10 minutes we paused the movie and everyone talked about what they learned, how they can develop more faith, related stories about experiences with faith and how to become more like Christ. The spirit was so strong. Hermana Skidmore at the end testified in perfect Spanish! She didn't even realize it. The spirit was so strong and the gift of tongues was present. I am so blessed to be a missionary right now!

We went to visit the Aleman's (the less active family with all the cute little girls) and Miley (4 years old) said the greatest thing to us. We just talked to her and her mom on prayer and made her captain to make sure they have family prayer every night. After she turned to her mom and said, "Mommy, can I be just like them when I grow up?". Wow. My heart melted. We really have such an impact on all these lives. I get to be a part of and help Heavenly Father's children realize their potential and the love HE has for them. How great is my calling!?

So Juan Carlos might be getting baptized this weekend! We will know for sure tomorrow if it will be this Friday, Saturday or next week. We are so excited for him. He is the cutest little 9 year old. He really wants to do good, be good and follow Christ. No wonder we are suppose to become like little children to be "perfect" like Christ.

It was a great week and lots more great things to come. I hope you all are just loving little baby Grant. Give him a big hug and kiss for me. Love you all!

Con Amor, 
Hermana Thomas


 Welcome Hermana Hansen to East Sac.  She flew to Sacramento with me. I have missed her.
Hermana Busto's made catfish for dinner.
Luckily we had an appointment and couldn't stay to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment