Monday, June 17, 2013

What a week! Where should I even begin?

Hola mi querida familia! What a week! Where should I even begin?

Well I had the most interesting meal of my life this past week. We were fed fish. Not just fish, but fish from a bag, put  in the microwave... it tasted...yucky haha. I was just laughing so hard inside while trying to eat it. So funny. I also got to play Mexican bingo with the Aleman's and won! I also got some Pine Sol and Bleach in my eyes this week..haha. Smart huh? We did a lot of service and cleaning and so I have been washing my eyes out A LOT and wearing glasses. Yep, just rocking the glasses haha. Don't worry, they don't burn as much anymore :)

We had a special zone training with President and Sister Lewis. President shared Mark 9:23 where it talks about how anything is possible through believing (faith). Then we focused one 3 main things. How to become 1) Believing, 2) Bold, and 3) Baptizing missionaries. I really learned a lot and it helped change my perspective. I have faith, but its not enough. I need to believe with everything and put my trust 100% in the Lord. There is no room for doubts here and there. Not in the Lord's work. So my goal is to continue working on increasing my faith and  attitude. That is one of the greatest blessings of a mission. You realize you have a lot of weakness and things to work on to become more like Christ. We have tools to help us, we can change and become like him. What a blessing.

We got to go to the elders baptism of Marta y Mario Friday night! It was so great and the spirit was so strong. Hermana Sharp and I sang a duet while they were changing. ME? SINGING A DUET? I know, pretty funny huh? Well it was in a Spanish ward so I sounded good to them! haha. We messed up a little and Hermana Sharp's face went BRIGHT RED. But we made it through. A funny memory for sure.  We are moving Ana's baptism from June 22nd to June 29th. She needs a little more time preparing to live the Word of Wisdom.

I went on exchanges with Hermana Cosby this week! We had so much fun and went out in her area (so part of my old area). The rich, whiter area is a little more challenging looking for Spanish people. Lots of the places we tracted reminded me of Park City! We met some cool people and had fun experiences. In one lesson I prayed after and the lady (a less active) just looked at me like, "that was nice, but not good enough" so she just started praying again...haha.  We ended the night going to the Beltran's quincenera for our dinner hour. WOW. It seriously was like a mini wedding. So much dancing, food, dresses, etc. We sat with the Bishop and Sister Woodland and it was so funny. Sister Woodland was having a hoot.

So I told you that I have been reading conference talks in Spanish. I just read the talks from priesthood! I really loved this quote by David L Beck, "Tenemos el deber de ministrar donde sea que estemos. Ministrar no es solo algo que hacemos, sino que define quienes somos." That is such a great quote about the priesthood but I feel like it also applies to missionaries! I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, yes it's a title but it also is WHO I am. What a privilege. I feel so blessed to be able to strap on my badge each day. I wear it with love and pride. We will see if President McGinn can get me to take it off one day... haha jk.

Yes, we have finally heard all about the "Work of Salvation" with the mission presidents and get to attend! I am so excited to watch it and see how everything works. I am excited to be able to talk about with you and mom after as well.  Thank you for your love and prayers! I love and miss you all :)




 Homemade chicharones
 Exchanges with Herman Crosby
Father's Day at the Bishop's Home

No comments:

Post a Comment