Monday, June 24, 2013

Best Week Ever Doing the "Work of Salvation"


This has been the GREATEST week ever. I am soo blessed. Sooo many great things and blessings happened but I will just mention the most exciting!

Ana is GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!! We are soo excited. She truly is converted to the Lord. She hasn't had any coffee since Wednesday (almost a week). We were able to take her to a YSA baptism a few days ago (she understands English as well) and it was the best thing that could have ever happened. She was so nervous, but loved it all and is so much more confident for her own baptism this week. The young man (25?) that got baptized is named Frank. The spirit was so strong. He is from Africa and speaks Portuguese as well. So they had a cute RM sister give a talk on the Holy Ghost in Portuguese and I could understand it all!!! So could Ana, she was just loving her life. It was so cool. Sitting there in that baptism I was so full of love and gratitude for the Savior, for the gospel, my testimony, my love for Hermana Sharp and Ana and my life and the wonderful opportunities I have right now. I don't think I have ever been happier in my life. WHO KNEW THIS MUCH JOY WAS POSSIBLE!!!?? And can you imagine what it will be like when Ana gets baptized this week? If I can feel this much joy and love for others, imagine what my Father in Heaven and brother Jesus Christ feel for me!? I am beyond blessed.  Ana came to all 3 hours of church and just soaked it up. We are going over tonight to plan her baptism. So excited. Thank you for your prayers for her. Christina (an older investigator) also made it to church and it was such a miracle.

I had the opportunity to do exchanges with Hermana White this week! We had a blast and worked so hard. It was just like the old days. We taught in perfect unison and just spoke Spanish all day. I am grateful for all the great things she has taught me and the dear friendship we have developed. We had a great day.

I taught a little training in District Meeting this week on obedience. It went really well and I learned so much from preparing! I love in Preach My Gospel where it says "Obedience is an act of faith". What I am really learning is EVERYTHING is dependent on faith. There is no time to be weak or not do the great things to strengthen our faith. Hebrews 13:17 is a great scripture on how we can receive joy by being obedient and listening to our leaders counsel. 

I hope you all were able to see the "Work of Salvation". Was that not the greatest broadcast ever? The spirit was so strong! I had chills the whole time and just thought about how we are all working together to bring our brothers and sisters into the gospel. "Everyone is a missionary!" I loved when Elder Nelson said, "Actions motivated by love" and when Elder Anderson said, "He works in us according to our faith". Of course I loved everything but those two phrases really stood out to me. And how fun was that to look up and see my dear friend and fellow missionary Sister Jessie Beck (serving in the Tampa, Florida mission)! She is so amazing and great example. 

Well I am out of time now but I love you all so much. I hope you had a great week. His work is great and we are being blessed. Les quiero! :)

Con Amor, 

Hermana Thomas

Had a little haircut
Exchanges with Sis. White



No comments:

Post a Comment