Monday, May 13, 2013

My Birthday Week


WOW! How great was that to be able to Skype with all of you yesterday? I have the greatest family in the world and feel so blessed. It was such a fun surprise to see Grandpa and Grandma and Uncle John! You will have to tell everyone the things I told you!

Thank you for all the birthday letters and packages! I feel so loved and am so grateful. It was so fun to get letters from Bosco's, Sandstroms and Barkers. Kaylee's letter really helped me. Thank you! :) I had a great birthday! Hermana Sharp (the greatest companion ever) spoiled me with 21 gifts! President and Sister Lewis called me and wished me a Happy Birthday. Sister Schow invited us over for ice cream. The Bustos made a great dinner and gave me a huge, Little Mermaid cake.  They all wanted to dump my face in it like they do in Mexico haha. I am so loved and spoiled out here, that's for sure!



So I have a new favorite Book of Mormon profeta. Nefi, the son of Helaman. WOW. What a stud. He went out and declared the gospel with "unweariness."  That is my new goal. How great is that? He had the power of God with him. A great power and strength and he truly pondered the word of God to receive revelation. 

Mom and Dad, I told you a little about our miracle this past week, Manuela. We found her tracting and she told us we had a light in our eyes. There is something different about us and she wants the light and joy we have! We told her its the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We are going to see her more this week and she is so excited to learn more!  

We had zone conference this week and it was a spiritual feast. We talked a lot about serving those we love, repentance, working with members  teaching for conversion and enabling a learning environment where revelation can occur. It was so powerful and I learned so much!!

Next week is transfers so I will email Tuesday. I should be staying in East Sac training Hermana Sharp (but then again, big surprises happen like last time) haha. I love you all so so much! You are in my prayers and I LOVE serving a mission!!

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
My twin and companion, Sister Sharp
21 Gifts from my companion





No comments:

Post a Comment