Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lleno de Gratitud

Wow, what a week!! Sorry not to much time for details. Transfers happened and Hermana Sharp and I are staying together in east Sac to finish training!! Yahoo!! :) I am excited to continue our work and get people baptized. She is so great and it will be another fun transfer!

We had the most amazing experience with our investigator Isidro (the husband to Socorro). He told us all about his operations on his leg and how he has had eye sight problems. He has been getting injections in his eyes to help him see but they hurt a lot. We talked about the priesthood with him and he expressed his desire to receive a blessing. WOW! Hermano Garcia and Nunez came over and gave him a powerful blessings. The spirit filled my soul of gratitude for the priesthood. What a precious gift to have the priesthood on the earth. I don't know if I have ever felt so grateful for the priesthood before in my life. I am so grateful for the Hermanos for coming over and serving. They are both humble servants of our Heavenly Father. I love the Delt Norte Ward. They are always on the call to serve and love everyone. It's a great Spanish ward full of converts helping each other to learn the gospel. What a blessing. 

Leticia committed to be baptized June 30th!! We had an awesome lesson with her and she truly has a desire to learn and progress but has concerns. However, this week we haven't been able to get a hold of her. I think she is hiding from us..haha. It's so funny to me that people are scared of us. Her neighbors told her that one day we will come over with a "bill" for her to pay us for teaching her. She laughed and told them no, but I do know she cares a lot about what they all think. Hopefully she will let us in this week!

So ready for a funny story? Well Yesterday the Zone Leaders called us. They said "Hey sisters, we have some flyers for the Spanish fireside coming up and need to get them to you. Will you meet us in the Walmart parking lot?" so we headed over there. Once we got there we saw that a car sitting up a rock.  It was stuck! Hermana Sharp says, "WHAT!!!?? THAT IS THE ELDER'S CAR!" I'm thinking no way, who would do that? So we call them and say "hey Elders, where are you?" Elder Stone says "On a rock" hahahahahahaha. Sure enough, only the elders would drive up on a rock on accident. Apparently, there wasn't enough room to turn... haha how funny. It was the funniest thing of my life... wow. We got to talk to the cop about the gospel though and he was so cool and nice. He said "you people are really good people.Tthank you. We need more good people like you" so that was cool!  The elders both have one transfer left before they head home. Random people were walking by taking pictures of the car.

I love you all. My "joy is purpose" all explained in 2 Nephi 33:3.  "But, I Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people.  For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry".  I worry about and think of my investigators all day. I want to help them come unto Christ. Love you!  


 These pictures need no words.


No comments:

Post a Comment