Tuesday, April 9, 2013

WHAT!!??



Wow. What a week. So Transfer Tuesdays are SOO intense. It's like waiting to get your mission call all over again! You just go out and work all day and wait for President to call. So Last night we just got out of a lesson and were getting into the car and President Lewis calls. He starts by, "Hi Sister Thomas. How are you doing?" . I said "hi President. I'm great and you?" I wanted to say "Well, President I am nervous and feel like I'm going to throw up... haha". He said, "Sister Thomas. We have been fasting and praying a lot about you for next transfer. I know you haven't been out for very long but we are calling you to serve as a Trainer. Do you accept?" WHAT!!!?? So I said yes without hesitation. But what!??? I AM TRAINING!!!! There are Spanish sisters that have been here for months, even some who have been here for over a year that aren't going to train but The Lord and President thinks I can? Well its time to exercise the most faith I ever had and train a new sister. I am nervous beyond comprehension. But I am excited and putting my trust in the Lord. Do you think I can do it? haha. So I am staying in East Sac still. They are splitting our area though. I will be living in an apartment. I will still be in the same ward and zone but I am getting the area that was the farthest, that we never had miles to travel to (so starting fresh with like a few old potentials and no investigators). I will miss Andrea and Omar, but will still get to see them at church. I am going to work my hardest to make it the best area ever! I will still be in the same district as Hermana White but I will miss her as my companion. She has easily become one of my dear and life long friends!

Conference was amazing this week!! I hope everyone had the opportunity to watch it! We watched all the sessions in English and they had Spanish headset translators for our members and investigators. All the talks were amazing but Elder Cardon's talk on forgiveness was so powerful and really stood out to me. The Lord is willing to forgive us we just need to come to him and try our best to become like His son. Of course Elder Holland and Elder Bednar had powerhouse talks as well. I want to testify to what Elder Anderson said, it truly is "Missionary Fun" :). Elder Nelson's talk was great as well. We need everyone to catch the wave! The work is progressing and going forward and I am so glad I am a part of it out in the field but you are all apart of it as well!! We were able to watch the Sunday morning session with her. She really enjoyed it! We are going over tonight or Hermana White will be tomorrow to see what she felt. During our lesson with her last week I was able to promise her (through a prompting of the spirit) as a representative of Jesus Christ that she would feel the spirit and receive an answer to her prayers, questions and doubts about being baptized. I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life as when I made that promised. It's amazing how the Lord will fill your mouth and spirit with words to say. I can truly testify of that. We got to talk with her for a minute after conference and she loved it and said she has a lot to think about. She loved the talks about marriage and being a parent and she got to see President Monson for the first time! She loved his talk and I know she felt his love and that he is a true prophet of our living God.

Funny story. Last week we were over at Hermana De Mexico's talking about referencias and she has a big fat cat. It was hanging around me. Finally it came and stood right by me (inside I am dying, because you know, I hate cats). All of the sudden it comes and sits on my lap. This big fat cat. I wanted to kick it off but she says "Wow Hermana. He doesn't like anyone, he wont even do that with me. Do you like cats?" what am I supposed to do? Tell her I hate them? haha. no. So I was all, "yeah, cats are great". I was dying. Hermana White was dying of laughter haha.

Hermana White and I were able to go to the temple this morning. It was beautiful. I have been so stressed thinking about training but by going to the Lord's house I felt comforted. He is the only one who could/can give me that peace of mind and confidence. We are so blessed to have temples here on the earth. The Sacramento Temple is gorgeous!! love you all so much. I am excited to meet my new trainee tomorrow morning. It will sure be an adventure!! Les quiero con todo mi corazon!!!

Con Amor,

Hermana Thomas
P.s. I am going to miss Sister Schow so much! Luckily she had a blanket of a pic of her and her husband so I can always remember haha. Is this the greatest thing ever? haha. LOVE IT


 
 
 
Brother and Sister Schow Blanket


Sacramento Temple with companion Sister White

No comments:

Post a Comment