Friday, February 1, 2013

2nd Letter from MTC

What a great and long week it has been aqui en el CCM! I have a lot to tell you so I hope you are ready!
I have decided to stay in the intermediate class. I really want to focus on refining my grammar while I am here. So that means my expected departure date is Feb. 26th. So I still have forever here... haha. But it will be worth it! Its a good thing I love Spanish!
So everyone in my district can sing. They all harmonize and make every hymn sound really nice. I think they are all learning patience by having me sing with them.
So funny story. Hermano Painter was helping my companion and I prepare for a lesson. We wanted the investigator to know that God loves him. So he said it would be a good idea for us to write down all our feelings and emotions... I just smiled and tried so hard not to laugh out loud. Since when have I ever writen down my feelings and emotions....haha. Well, maybe the mission will help me become more emtotional and like a girl haha. We will see.
For Relief Society this week Sis. Burton came! It was a great talk about RS. She said we sisters in the gospel have a vital role. We make covenants. We need to be aligned with Heavenly Father so we can carry out his work. We need to listen and respond to His call. For the Tuesday night devotional our zone got to usher. It was pretty cool since we got to go back stage and stuff. Elder Clayton of the 70 came. He talked about how serving in companionships is a divine pattern and can be a great blessing for us. Just to name a few: Power, serivce, recognizing the spirit and protecting each other. My favorite thing he said the whole night was "Plant the seeds of belief". We are here to work our hardest and plant those seeds of belief. We work our hardest and the Lord still doesn't owe us a baptism or anything. That was very humbling!
In class Hno. Tidwell does teaching presentations to give us ideas. When he teaches our district we are an investigator family. I convinced everyone that we should be called "Familia Sanchez". I LOVE IT!
Thank you for all your letters and packages. I LOVED the bread mom. Best surprise yet! Grandma, thank you so much for the fun Valentine treat's! I shared with the whole zone and they loved it and told me to tell you thank you! Yes I love getting dear elder's. How the mail works is the District Leader checks the mail after Lunch and then again after Dinner. If we have a package, they give us a slip and you can go pick it up before 5 but it can be in the middle of scheduled time. The District Leader hands out the mail at 9:20 PM. The Elders LOVE the fact that they get to see who got letters and who they are from all day, and us sisters have to waitl until night. They put it in this stocking we found and then pass it out later. Sometimes when they leave the room we take a quick glance though, so jokes on them!
We currently have 2 new "investigators". Christhian and Jonathan. We are doing so well with Christhian, the spirit is always so strong and he coming around. Jonathan... well he is difficult. He doesnt really care about anything and so we are working on that. We get to go to the TRC tonight for the first time and I am so nervous!
YES I HAVE SEEN SIS.DONAKEY!! It was the greatest thing ever. Wednesday night at dinner I was going to sit down and I saw her out of the corner of my eye and ran to her. She looks great! We have dinner at the same time everyday so I should be seeing her a lot!! :) She seems to have a had a good few first days! Yes, if you could send me the flag whenever it comes I will give it to her personally. Thank you so much!
Claro que si mama! I would love if you tried to write me in Spanish. The question is, will it be as good as Robbie's? haha.
Bob, you can have Sunday as your day for Dear Elders. They won't print it off til Monday but I would love that!
I saw Grandma Carter at the temple this morning! She is so cute. We are so blessed to have the temple to close! Even though it is a chilly walk in the mornings!
Dad- Yes, it is great to be here! I can't wait to be out in the field teaching real investigators though. This is great practice. Teaching is hard, but I love how simple Spanish is! I truly feel the most comfortable in my Spanish when I am teaching, it just seems to flow. How did the Trek celebration go? Any stories? How is work? Excited for your travels soon?
I love you all so much! And I miss you... but just a little! :) I hope you have a great week and I can't wait to hear from you soon! Be safe!
Con amor,
Hermana Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment