Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Feliz Navidad

I cant wait to Skype you soon! :) I will give you a brief summary of our week.

We acted out the Nativity with the Timalach's. BEST EVER. Sooo funny haha. Omar was Jose, Magda was Maria, Jayden was baby Jesus, Kevin was a shepherd, Ashley was the angel, I narrated and was a wise man and Hermana Pitcher was a wise man too. Don't worry, we filmed it! But after we talked about it and the spirit was strong and Ashley and Kevin wanted to us all about why they love Jesus and Christmas.

Sunday was incredible. I felt the spirit so strong and my heart was so full. Omar and Ashley got confirmed. They both were just glowing. Earlier in the week we had a lesson with Omar and Hermano Velarde on the priesthood. It was so powerful. I feel like we all came to better understand and appreciate the priesthood together. He kept saying, "I am going to do EVERYTHING I can to be worthy. I won't even drink soda. I want to bless my family". "Quiero mantenerme digno". Yeah, my heart just melted. I can't even tell you how much I love this family. He was able to receive the priesthood on Sunday :) This joy is so hard to explain. He was like a little giddy boy haha. 

Sunday Gabriela was confirmed. Her blessing was so powerful. She will be an example to her family and help bring them into the church. She said she feels like a new person. We also taught Gabriela about service and callings this week and immediately she said, "So when can I get a calling?" She has such a big heart and desire to serve. She went to Riverside to visit her parents for the week and asked us to come over and say a prayer with her to bless her trip. So cute.

We were able to do a lot of fun caroling this week and it really brightened up people's days. Our investigator Tere (I told you about her a while ago, she is a single mom with 3 children) loooved it and started recording us. She came with her children to the branch Christmas dinner and program. It was a night in "Belen" and everything was decorated like Belen, we sat on the floor with tents and ate and it was so cool. We were so happy she came. She is progressing but we are having a hard time getting her to church. Her teenagers Maria and Ruben come to mutual though, so we are working on it.

Oh and I forgot to tell you that last p-day I got to play tennis! It was THE BEST. I was a little rusty a first but everything came back. Some of the Elders played in high school so we all had a great time hitting for a few hours. Since then they got transferred so tennis probably won't happen any time soon, but that's ok! I am just glad we got to play!

I hope you all have a great Christmas as you truly ponder about the birth of our Savior. I am so grateful for him, this love, this life, his example and sacrifice. I love that we get to do our best to learn and be like him each day. What a blessing. Thank you for all the cards and gifts. I feel so blessed and loved. I am grateful that I get to go tell all of my Latinos in Lodi about my love for the Savior. Love you all! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas
Feliz Navidad
Nativity with the Timilach's
Night of "Belen" Bethlehem

No comments:

Post a Comment