Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ostrich, Camel and Kangaroo!

Being a missionary is just the greatest. We had a good and really tough week. Let me give you the low down! First of all Transfers!! Hermana Skidmore and I are staying together and finishing training here in East Sac. Can you believe that I have been in East Sac for over 6 months!? I love the Del Norte ward so much. We seriously have the greatest members. They are always willing to come out to lessons with us and have such strong testimonies (they are all converts so it is so powerful). We took Jesus with us to a lesson with Isidro about prayer. WOW. The spirit was SOO strong and it was just incredible to watch Jesus teach and testify to them. He has come so far and will always be a dear friend. He is always willing to help us out and is so strong.

One of the greatest opportunities we have had this week is so teach a lot of kids. At the Marconi Apts (we are there pretty much every day.) There are lots of investigators and potentials.  These beautiful children just follow us around! So we have started having primary class on the stairs. They BEG us to read from the scriptures and have prayers with them. It is so humbling. I love it. The prayers of children are so special. Last time we asked them if they would go home and teach their families what they learn and they all did! The parents are slowly opening their hearts which will hopefully lead them to open their doors!!! 

Francisco didn't get baptized this week :( He needs a little more time to prepare. We went over Saturday afternoon and he was really nervous and had a lot of questions. He is really nervous but knows it's true. He wants to talk to the Bishop a little more for comfort (Bishop was out of town this weekend). So hopefully he can help him feel that peace. We are hoping for this weekend or the next, so I will keep you updated. Please keep him in your prayers. I was so sad, but we want him to be completely ready so we understand. The scripture that came to my mind was Alma 31:31. "Consuela mi alma en cristo". I don't know if that was more for me than for him, but I know everything will work out. He realizes that it is a big step, a sacred covenant and he wants to be completely ready and committed to the Savior. That made us happy that he understands the importance!

We had the best thing of my life. Francisco works at Kaiser Hospital in the cafeteria. So we took Sister Schow to lunch, and had an awesome lesson. It was so much fun. Francisco was just cracking jokes left and right and it was so fun to be with her and have her share her love for the sacrament with him. Such a neat experience that I will never forget. 

Rosie is doing great! We taught her about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and it went really well. After I asked her if she would pray to know if he was a prophet of God and she said, "I don't need to think or ponder about it. The Book of Mormon says he was a prophet so I believe it. No doubt that he was a prophet". WHAT!? It was so cool. She also told us she wants to be baptized but her mom said no for now. They go to another church and want her to be baptized in their church. We are going to work on teaching and talking with the mom. Please keep her in your prayers. I know it will all work out in the Lord's timing. 

I tried an ostrich, camel and kangaroo this week! The camel was the best. Gotta love Sacramento. I will have to take Dad, Jared and Glen. They would have LOVED it! Well I am out of time but I love and miss you all so much. Thank you for your love, support and prayers. They mean the world to me! I hope you have a great week! School starts here so we will see how our schedules change. Las quiero!

Con Amor,
Hermana Thomas

 Ostrich, camel and kangaroo oh my!
Primary on the stairs at the Marconi Apartments


No comments:

Post a Comment